Why use a Licensed General Contractor for rack, conveyor, or building projects?
- State Law over $25K involving installation must be ordered from a licensed GC.
- Appropriate insurance coverage verified by the State of Tennessee
- Excellent reassurance for clients that 1. Work is satisfactory 2. Financial capability and solvency is verified
- Issues with unlicensed suppliers they can call their attorney, if they have issues with us they can call the State of TN.
- The State verifies financials and solvency and liquidity every license renewal for reassurance of financial capability of the Contractor.
- To be licensed an extensive test must be passed that qualifies the contractor to perform construction services.
Who Is Required To Be A Licensed General Contractor?
- A Tennessee contractor’s license is required BEFORE bidding or offering a price, for projects $25,000 and up(includes materials and labor), as a prime (general) contractor; and also subcontractors performing electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing and masonry are also required to be licensed as a contractor, when the total portion on the project is $25,000 or more; masonry, when $100,000 or more. In addition, a sub to a sub would need to be licensed whenever there are more than one (1) subcontractors on the project
– See more at: https://www.tn.gov/commerce/topic/cont-contractors#sthash.iF7V3Zol.dpuf